Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Rebirth of Malaysian Soccer?

I thought I could be a little positive (or as positive as I can be) relating to this issue. I guess the last straw is the current Asian Cup tournament - it so painful to watch our Malaysian team play like school kids. It's also really depressing as well. Much has been said in the local media already.
Perhaps I would like to say this to the President, " I do not think you are a coward, just
not competent" - please resign and have professionals run FAM"

I look forward to the day I could take my children to the soccer stadium, experience the sights and sounds - of course watch great matches by our national team. Alas, I guess I may not see it again this life time but I hope my children will. FAM have buried the glory past and when the President said that he will not step down - the last rites to Malaysian soccer. As of to day our ranking slipped another 5 points to 154. So, to the people and FAM: "Just Leave!"

An observation though, the interesting thing about this whole episode is how the press, particularly the NST went after the FAM, seeking the justice people demand. This is indeed a rare occasion, it would really be good if the NST couple tackle corruption with this same determination of even hit on our education systems to drive changes. But when I browsed the NST today - the same meekly news (if some can be called "news") showed up. Sigh.

1 comment:

BigDaddy said...

I think thereneeds to be a complete overhaul of the FAM, the League right down to the grassroots