Tuesday, May 22, 2007

May 13 - finally got a copy

MAY 13 - Declassified Documents on the Malaysian Riots of 1969



Actually, I got it last week. Came into my office in a mysterious package, without the sender's name. Thank you Praveen! It was a pleasent suprise. Reading through the early part of the book really shakes the foundation of my historical knowledge - mainly the "official" history. It seems that our nation needs to relook and rethink our entire mind-set of what it means to be Malaysian - at least this is what I felt. I will share more thoughts after I finish reading the book. I think every Malaysian should get a copy of this book.


You can obtain them at (taken from
Elizabeth Wong's Blog):

a. MPH said they don’t want to sell it, as KDN has advised them not to, even though the book isn’t banned. In the updated English version of the news there appears to be a change of instructions.

b. Kinokuniya said, because the book is controversial, they will practice self-censorship and not sell it.

c. Popular said, they will sell it - and this is exactly why I hold a Popular Bookstore card for the past five years.


d. You can also get copies online at
Malaysiakini's Kinibooks

You can also drive to Singapore to get one.

No comments: