Tuesday, May 01, 2007

How did you celebrate Wesak?

I had a good Wesak celebration. For me Wesak began with a Puja followed with a special meditation on the eve. The only peaceful moment of the entire Wesak Celebration. Later on Wesak afternoon, we had a brief family offering where I got lotus candles for each of our children to offer on our family Shine.

On Wesak morning, our Sunday School Kids did an excellent presentation on the Album "Come and See - Ehi Passiko" held at the Shah Alam Buddhist Society's magnificent new building. The teachers were fully committed and passionate about the kids performances. The parents were all fully supportive and equally excited. The teens and youth group as usual, came up with ever exciting and innovative games - very well done in raising funds.

Immediate after the performance of I was all tired and exhausted, just wanted to leave the . When I got home I crashed in between editing the video and photos of the day's events. When I got up, it was time to go for the Wesak procession at Nalanda. It was a quiet, relatively and peaceful event. There was a very well done exhibition done by the students there. The procession was relatively quiet and peaceful. Something I had hoped for in this Wesak.

Overall it was generally a "busy" Wesak. How was your Wesak celebration?

No comments: