Sunday, November 13, 2005

Why are we in such a hurry?

I was on my way home this afternoon from Bangsar I nearly crashed into a Proton driven by a young (I guess in mid twenties) lady. This happened as I was at a U-turn making my way to the main road which was pretty jammed up. She drove her car in-front of me just when I was easing my way to the main road, despite the fact that I had my indicators lights on and there was ample space for me to go in. This lady seemed to be in such a hurry to get somewhere that she seemed to forget that this was a traffic jam and eveyone will have to inch their way. I finally got to the main road, onto a different lane which the lady was driving in and guess what? I reached the destination faster than she did. Sounds like the rabbit and the hare story?

Not quite. Have you ever encountered situations like this? If you are on the road long enough you will experience this sort of experience on a daily basis. Almost everytime I drive on the highways, there will be several drivers who would tailgate me just inches behind me not giving me chance to move my vehicle to the left in order to allow the person behind me to pass.

Have you encountered situations such as this...?

Anyone knows what's the hurry?

KV

1 comment:

LordTaipan said...

Thank you Marina for your words of encouragement. I guess as a parent sometimes we need to balance between "over-preparing" and "not-preparing" our kids. Sometimes it is easy say just let them be but the "letting them be" is a at times difficult to do. I shall remember your advise.

Thanks
K V