Sunday, September 06, 2009

Do we see opportunities?

It really pains me to read about and watch the whole episode of "cow-head protest". It pains me because after 52 years of independence we seem to be moving backwords. I have read that our nation's founding fathers took great effort to build and to ensure unity amongst Malaysians. With whatever contact or negotiated terms, they had all agree to move forward together as one nation.

I grew up with friends of all races, different cultural background and different religious beliefs and we accepted each other for who we are - we did not have to tolerate - we were sensitive and appreciative of each other. I am sure many of us share this exprience that makes our country such a wonderful place to live in. It pains that my children had to see that and that doubt may arise if I they is the country for them.

It pains me even more especially when I know that our children may have to grow up in an environment of hatred, anger and intolerance. I know that if we continue to speak up and act with kindness and compassion thingswill change. I wonder if our children will have the opportunity to people rise above these murly issues of social relationship to see real social maturity. If the answer is yes, then it will be a golden opportunity for us and especially our children to experience transformation our society.

Where will we head to, do we see opportunities?

I pray we do!


Let's us rise above as Malaysians and let good sense and social maturity prevails.


While we are still in the Merdeka month, Happy Merdeka!


No comments: