Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Torch-RUN: Better Save Tibet NOW! (Updated)

Updated: 23/4/08

I head about the pro-Tibet supports but did not find any news until I came across these blogs:
Kuala Lumpur for a Free Tibet and find out how some of the pro-China kids turned out be tugs HERE.


Taken on monorail in KL.

I doubt if these kids know what they are fighting for. If they know that they are being made models for the media to spin another story. This guys is right, the media should stop distorting the facts.

The issue is about marginalization and supression. Many Tibetans have suffered with their lives. Most are well documented. I dread that one day, the Tibetan culture as we know it, will not be around any more. I pray peace prevail parties go into talks to resolve matters.

I don't think there is a need to disrupt the torch run, I also do not feel the Chinese need to be too "kiasu" (afraid or defeat) to parade the streets - which of course were not necessary.

Besides the sponsors SAMSUNG & LENOVO banners most part of the streets were filled with Chinese (students, I believe) waving banners and flags, some pictures below:

the closest I got to the torch (where is it? tough to find it when you have to take shots from the air and when everyone is blocking you ;-(


the Chinese came and full support....


... in support of the Chinese government's action on Tibet?...


Totally unaware of the atrocities over the past decades....


I think the local Tibetan Buddhist did the right thing, offer prayers along with other spiritual communities. Click here for the Vajrayana Buddhist Community's Press Release.

For the uninitiated, here are some info on Tibet and the marginalization they are experienced and experiencing.

No comments: