Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Everywoman - Apostasy

If you have missed the program of TV, I have embedded the video here. Initially, I was shocked to see this and to know the views of certain quarters. While I do not fully agree with some of the comments presented in the show, I realize that if I were to give my own view, I will be adding my own personal and religious values. When this happens, it may imply that one religion is "better" than another. As difficult as it may be, how can our society accommodate the diverse religious values and belief systems? Something to think about.




Further thoughts: This is something that has always "bothered me" - what or who is right when each person strongly believe in the fact that holds true them - for whatever reason. On one end, I hear people talk about how insecure some people are that they need laws to ensure religious loyalty. On the other hand, there are those who feel that it is not about personal insecurity, there is the bigger picture of social balance and and harmony. While both are equally important, where do we strike a balance? How can values meet without conflict? Still struggling with this....

Perhaps the bigger question is that do we have the ability to transcend religion and engage in a different level - that of spirituality?


1 comment:

Praveen said...

Thanks for the heads up! Missed it over the weekend. This video provides a good summary for those that aren't aware of the developing case.