Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Hari Raya at PM's Open House (Updated)

Updated: Oct 3, 2008

HERE'S SOMETHING YOU CAN DO:
If you would like to support the abolishment of ISA and push for the release of RPK, Hindraf 5 and other, here are some of the stuff you can do:

1. Send emails to PM, Cabinet Ministers (at this time, over 30,00 emails have been sent): click HERE.
2. Sign petition-online: click on http://www.petitiononline.com/isa1234/petition.html
3. Raise International Awareness, click HERE


FYI, there are many version of the event in the media. If you read the MSM, you might get a different picture. One thing for sure, there was no "commotion".  It was peaceful, not threatening in anyway.  Check out blog here and here (and many more) for commentary on what the MSM had to say.

=============
Yes, I was there! Those who know me knows that under normal circumstances, I would NEVER go where hundreds or thousands of people gather and queue for food. We went NOT for the food but to deliver a message to the PM and that is the ISA should be abolished. All the detainees should be freed and be accorded the due process of the law if there are charges to be made. I was there because a fellow blogger is detained and having to spend his Raya in detention because we spoke up. RPK is not alone for sure! I am no activist, but I think at times we need to make a stand and this one of the times. Haris of People's Parliament wrote a great report and with lots of pictures.

pic by Haris Ibrahim of People's Parliament

More reports and pictures here, here, here , here and here.

Selamat Hari Raya to RPK and all detainees. Special wishes to all my friends too, drive carefully and safely -have a good and blessed Aidil Fitri.







3 comments:

Surind said...

Great to have been with you & all the other people whom had the same message for Pak Lah. I too am going to blog about it later.

I think you made an excellent point... that not all people whom went to day to give this message to Badawi, were activists.

Have added ya to my blogroll.

Cheers ;-)

LordTaipan said...

thanks Surind, I am glad that I went. We need people to stand up and not be afraid to speak out. Hope we can encourage more to do the same.

Thanks, Linking your blog as well.

Regards,

Anonymous said...

just dropping in to say Hi, fellow BlogBro.

welldone!