Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Politics in Schools

Fresh from a recent seminar on alternative education and homeschooling, I find this incident disturbing. I have always believed that out education system needs to be reformed and be free from "dumbing" down the children, but this has taken Malaysian education to another level DOWN. It has gone to the dogs!

If you ask why our students cannot think - it is because they have not been taught to think, they are not allowed to think. More frightening, is that teachers and headmaster cannot think! What is MOST frightening is that they have NO GUTS to think. Someone should tell the students of SMKSU that their teachers and HM are role models NOT to be followed!

I sincerely hope I am wrong and in the coming days, someone from SMKSU would stand-up, speak up and say end to this crap! Otherwise, teachers and HM should all quit and run somewhere and hide, forever! You are not worthy of the positions they hold.

It is not about the silly (stupid) instructions, its about the courage to stand and speak up!

For the uninitiated, click on Hannah Yeoh: SMKSU Prefects' Reunion and the follow-up stories

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Soon. I am a student from the school that you are talking about . For your information, there are some teachers that I must say are dedicated and are not as half as bad as you think they are. However I wholeheartedly agree with you that the education system must go and be reform.Ironically being a teenager and standing up against full grown adults is not as easy as pie. Especially when not all students are supporting you and some say that you are just trying to gain fame in doing this . The MOE are to be blame if you ask me. Then again I may be a young boy ignorant of whatever I am talking about. Good day to you :)

LordTaipan said...

Firstly, I would like to congratulate you for speaking up, at least anon on a blog is a start. I know very well there are teachers and student who do not agree with what is happening. I apologize if I am too hard and direct, I hope to encourage people to speak up and made their voices heard. If they can't be heard it is difficult to know where these good people they are. If you know of people who blog openly, point their links. I will stand corrected.

One measure of maturity is the courage to speak, stand by what you say and stand corrected if you made made mistake. It is not easy as there will be those who will agree with you and there will be those who will disagree and will even throw allegations. As long as you have it your heart good intent and be willing to listen to others.

We can blame anyone we choose but ultimately we will have to make our own choices and actions to determine our own future. It take courage. It's not easy, I struggle with it constantly.