Monday, March 12, 2007

Just SUSPEND it!


Just suspend the National Service program!
Can someone make a decision on this matter. Everyone seems to have their views and comments but NOBODY makes any decision.
There is no shame in suspending the service to get things fixed. I mean really get things fixed! Fix the camp conditions, fix the food, fix the health screening, fix the program, fix it so that no one else dies! Just fix it. I have children and at this rate, I can say that I have NO CONFIDENCE in the National (dis)Service.
Although I support the idea, I do not support the implementation and the way the program is being handled. Lim Kit Siang gives a good summary of the situation here. Wiki has an entry here , FamilyPlace asked for your feedback here and more commentaries here. To find out more about Khidmat Negara, you could check this out.
Too many complains have fallen onto deaf ears. Too many young people have been injured and far too many people have died - totally unnecessary! Yes, the local print media can spin all sorts of stories from the student but reality is too much to ignore. Don't spin people's lives. So, are we going to wait for the National Service Chairman Tan Sri Lee Lam Thye to cry again before the next action? All is all he going to do is to cry?
So, I say it again SUSPEND THE NATION SERVICE, AND GO FIX THINGS!
Once done, tell us, show us, give us confidence - don't just bulldoze through!

2 comments:

Praveen said...

Spot on! It's time to walk the talk.

LordTaipan said...

see my latest blog and the following news in NST, I thank Tan Sri Lee has no bite! Would you send your kids there?