Saturday, April 13, 2013

An Education Monologue



Here is a thought we shared on our FB page


"Most of the friends I know are college kids and they complain that college is too stressful with too much work and exams. When I ask them why they chose to go to college, their reply is: 'College is my second option (or third?) because I cannot take the risk with my first option - which is actually what I really want to do but my parents will not like it.' And I'm thinking What? They go through life with all these back-up plans that they are not happy with, so what's the point? And the working ones are not happy with their jobs either because they do the same things day in and day out just to please their bosses and have no time to really do what they really like, like dance! 
I can never live a life of a robot. I want to be a great dancer, guitarist and singer! I will work very hard to get the skills I need. Life is too short - we should just follow our hearts and be happy doing what we do!"



Join us in our discussion on alternative education and learning, Learning Beyond Schooling, HERE





No comments: