Friday, July 16, 2010

One year ago...we remember.

I do not know him. I have not personally met him.  Yet, I feel grief on this day - for it was one year ago that his life ended tragically. Circumstances surrounding Teoh Beng Hock's death is still a mystery.  As I read the news on the blogs and online media - I still find it hard to believe that such a thing happened.



What's more shocking is that during ministerial reply in Parliament recently it was reported that between 2003 and July 16, 2009 there were a total of 1805 deaths in custody! This translates into 3 deaths in every 4 days! Shocking, appalling and sad! People accountable should have resigned and take responsibility. Yet, we cannot run away from this fact.

I feel that I need to do better - much, much better than this! We must strive to make this fact known and that we cannot accept such things happening in our country.  Spread the word! REMEMBER.

Teoh Beng Hock (Source)

 This evening I cannot be at the Bar Council as I so much liked to go or at be at KLSCAH, I offer my prayers to the departed that their souls and spirit be free. To their friends and family members, may you all be strong and remain strong.

May all beings be well and happy!

May justice and truth prevail!




Namo Buddhaya!


No comments: