Sunday, March 05, 2006

Sunday School today


It has been a challenge trying to talk about Buddhism to kids in my Sunday School class who (most of them) did not want to there in the first place. Their parents of course decided that Sunday Dharma School was something good for them.
It has been a struggle over the past 2 months to try to understand and tune into the frequency of the students aged between 15 - 21 years.

I personally felt that I had an interesting session this morning. I felt I could connect with (at least a couple) of the students of my class. I felt I got some of the students thinking about their actions, their lives and what they really want.

More importantly, this morning's session today was a reminder for me, a reminder that the life of the Buddha is not just an exercise in religious history. It is reminder for me that the Buddha is alive and that his spiritual journey mirrors my own spiiritual journey and that I must strive continue to look inwards, not to forget my friends and famil as Kalyana Mitrata is the whole of spiritual practice.

I do hope some of my students share similar thoughts with me and appreciate the inherent buddha-citta.

No comments: